Below you will find PDF and Word copies of academic service-learning assessment forms. In general, it is best for the faculty member and agency to create some kind of assessment plan for the service-learning. These forms can help with this process.
A few comments on these forms…
1) These are simply recommended forms. We believe they will help partners meet assessment goals, but using these or other forms is entirely up to you.
2) You will notice forms are divided into primarily on-site and primarily off-site. On-site forms are used when a student or team of students makes multiple visits to an agency. Forms termed on-site allow you to assess things such as the professionalism and responsibility of students visiting an agency at least several times throughout the semester. Often, however, the student or team of students is not expected to visit an agency with any regularity. A student or group of students may, for example, be using class time to create a training video for use at a local food shelf. This type of project requires a different form of assessment, and the forms for “predominately off-site” service take this into account.
3) You will also find different forms for individual students and a group of students. You will almost always have multiple service-learning students, but group forms should be used only in those cases when, for example, a group of five students is assigned a specific task within a community agency (for example, a team of students develops a brochure for an agency).
The forms (feel free to modify Word documents to fit your needs)…
- Evaluation of overall service-learning project by community partner (pdf, word)
- Evaluation of overall service-learning project by student (pdf, word)
- Evaluation of individual student serving primarily on-site (pdf, word)
- Evaluation of group/team serving primarily on-site (pdf, word)
- Evaluation of individual student serving primarily off-site (pdf, word)
- Evaluation of group/team serving primarily off-site (pdf, word)